2013 Sherco Front End

westygas270

Hi all got a sherco 2013 cabistany, have just started to notice last few weeks front end seems really strange, to put how it feels it feels like the front tyre has a puncture? but it hasnt? when you first stand on the bike to ride it front end seems really stiff and seems to have a mind of its own but not all the time then when you get riding abit doesnt seems as bad, when i took it out the garage the other day felt like headstock was stiff but then was ok? when i first got bike was spot on just feels copletley different now, has anyone any ideas ????

Hi

first thing check your head stock bearings! If you have been using a jet washer to clean your bike you may well of driven water and mud into the bearings and any grease out. I had symptoms like your describing on a bike a few years ago, sometimes the head stock would seem stiff and sometimes it was fine. In the end I stripped the front end to find that the bearings were completely shot.

Act now and you may get away with just cleaning and re greasing them.

many thanks for getting back to me bikes not that old to be honest maybe 4 month old not lke its had much use but will have a look see whats happening with them

Maybe there has never been any grease in there, another thing to try is support the bike with front wheel off the ground and slacken off the pinch bolts, with wheel between your legs move handle bars from side to side slightly to centre the forks just in case something is stressed, Tighten up again but don't overtighten.

TLTEL

• Like 1

(many thanks for getting back to me bikes not that old to be honest maybe 4 month old not lke its had much use but will have a look see whats happening with them. End QUOTE)

Totally going over the bike before you ride is what needs to be done. Spanish bikes are famous for not being greased.

• Like 1

Hi

first thing check your head stock bearings! If you have been using a jet washer to clean your bike you may well of driven water and mud into the bearings and any grease out. I had symptoms like your describing on a bike a few years ago, sometimes the head stock would seem stiff and sometimes it was fine. In the end I stripped the front end to find that the bearings were completely shot.

Act now and you may get away with just cleaning and re greasing them.

Typical! Think I would order bearings prior to teardown!

Would agree with comment from lineaway, I lubed every nut and bolt on my 2013 cabestany. While doing rear suspension, found I couldn't get left hand dog bone bolt to frame mount out, as weld from centre frame up right stuck out too far, 2mm off with grinder fixed that, don't know how they ever got it in there in the first place. Other thing was swing arm axle, holes through frame and engine don't line up,

had to lift axle approx 1mm to get through frame hole before nut went on. :stupid:

• 2 weeks later...