Stolen Rev 3

bilks

Hi i had 3 bikes stolen on June 14/15 Beta Rev 3,and 2 Gas Gas TXT 200's,The Beta Rev 3 has been spotted,at 3 different times for sale on Facebook,since Septemeber,October,and lastly last week also on Gumtree,Police was informed every time,and everytime,it's took them over 3 days to get back in touch,by the time the police got in touch,with the last seller,it had been sold on again.It was being sold from Rotherham,not 3 miles away.Chassis no for the Beta Rev 3 ZD389000020005751

Picture as was being sold on Facebook and Gumtree.

Sorry to hear about your hassle with the Police not responding.

I would have thought that you would have been well within your rights ( providing you had a logged crime number with the police ) to have actually bid and won your own bike on the action. You could have then informed the police to then intervene whilst awaiting collection & payment arrangements, the bike would then have been returned to you once your ownership was confirmed.

The bike wasn't advertised on a auction site,first Every time its been on Facebook, it was for sale,2nd time up for swaps for a road bike only,and last time,for sale,on Facebook Also on Gumtree with E Mail address only,tried sending mail,got no reply started at £800 then dropped to £500 eventually sold for £400 well that's the last seller told the police,and he didn't know who he sold it too,or where they came from.Had Crime no from original theft.and another 1 given me.In fact the first person who was selling it even put the chassis no in his advert.

I wish it would have been on a auction site.then i would have done as you suggested.

Edited by bilks

I had a similar issue with police not responding to help me. I then rang back and gave them the address i and a group of mates was going to armed with baseball bats etc, only to get a immediate response.

Police are not interested in thieft in my experience of 5 bikes taken over the years.

Hope you get em back.