Sherco 125 Noisy Engine

malcolm

Hi Malcolm, yep had / still have that same noise in 2008 125/200.Changed top end, changed main bearings two years ago, still running strong with that noise still there. More annoying to me is the whine from the transmission in the lower gears.I recently watched a video of a trial I competed in and I could pick my bike idling off camera. Sounds worrying but must be something we have to put up with.

Happy New Year

Taff

One would want to inspect the engine mounts and skidplate bolts for vibration type noise, all must be tight! Piston rattle, well a bit is ok for most, lower revs and tickover , but if really bad something may need done.

Also ck the crank for up down movement on the bearings by lifting the flywheel, pull sparkie and ck for smooth rotation in the bearings.

Many 125,s have had the p*** run out of them by a youth rider, and a replate on the bore, new piston and lower bearings would not be uncommon for a now 8 year old bike.