Sherco 290 Stolen From Fleet, Hants Area

mike350

My 2002 Sherco was stolen from my locked garage last week. Frame number 2A002422 the bike is in really nice condition for its age and has a pair of new blue Renthals. Please look out for it.

Police tell me that a gang is operating in the area targeting all types of off road bikes, probably for export. This is not kids looking for something to thrash around the local common. They arrested someone yesterday after a neighbour reported a suspicious van and a bloke pushing a blue motorbike, but didn't find any evidence. They let the guy go when he "refused to comment" during interview. It's frustrating but I do believe that the Police are doing something locally.

The garage is now locked down as tight as it can be. Thanks to all those who have posted advice on the subject. However, it's too late.

I feel stupid because my trailer was visible, so I may as well have put a sign up. Be warned everyone who thinks that "it won't happen in an area like this". It will. The scumbags are looking for you.

That sucks that your bike got stolen. After reading some of the other stories, I think the Police have it right. These guys are pros and it is very difficult to beat them at their game. That does not mean we shouldn't try. Taking many of the steps listed by people in the thread at the top, may sometimes thwart the thieves or it might slow them down enough that they get caught.

You are doing the right thing now by getting the word out so there is a better chance of someone realizing the bike they are looking at might be stolen and to check it out before buying it.

I hope the Police or your friends find it for you.