73 Ty250 Forks

trialtrial

The forks will be TY250A which was a 74 model, they're not really anything like the 80s mono forks which are leading axle

I can't really compare them with other 70s forks as it's been a long time since I rode anything else & I never tried multiple brands of bikes on the same day.

Better springs & damper rods are available from the magicals which should improve the action a lot, I'm tossing up on getting the parts for my forks or trying the mono forks I have along with the front wheel out of my yz465

I believe we spoke at the last VMC trial I was the guy with the Scorpa 250f. The mono forks are better. I am not sure of the Honda OD for the shocks. I have a 76 Ty 250 front end complete with brakes and wheel yokes if you want to try it. It is not for sale but you are welcome to try it. See if you like and then go from there. I have just installed mono forks on my 76 TY project.

Brad

Re: Magical fork springs. Magical don't do damper rods, only springs, spacers and fork caps.

The replacement damper rods for Yamaha twinshocks are from Craig Mawlam who runs Yamaha-Majesty.com. He sold Magical products as well but the damper rods are his, not Magical.

Woody, the magicals site I got to off Craig's & that had the damper rods shown along with the springs & tensioning fork caps. Would be very easy to spend some serious money of your forks with him

Starting to seriously think of getting a set of his springs for the mono forks & fitting into my bike which could use some extra wheelbase as it's had the front end pulled in

Edited by tony27