U.s. Motorcycle Trials Association

dbrown

news item is the press release below. I trust Andy or Craig will get this up onto the front page news soon. Comments and discussion are welcome.

dan brown

USMTA Press Release

A new organization has been formed to promote all facets of the sport of motorcycle trials in the United States. The U.S. Motorcycle Trials Association (USMTA) will work cooperatively with the American Motorcycle Association (AMA), the North American Trials Council (NATC), local and regional clubs, event organizers and sponsors to increase the visibility of motorcycle trials and encourage participation at all levels. The founding corporate members include the five US Trials motorcycle importers (Beta, Gas Gas, Montesa, Scorpa, Sherco), Trials Training Center, International Trials Schools, ERE Extreme Riding Entertainment, and Trials Competition Newspaper.

The USMTA focus will be to demonstrate to other motorcyclists and also non-motorcyclists that motorcycle trials is fun way to learn motorcycle skills and a great sport that can be enjoyed for a lifetime. A first initiative is to develop a comprehensive directory of places to ride, clubs to ride with, dealers, and instructional material for organizing riding opportunities. Another will be to organize a

This is really great news - the important thing I read into this is that the AMA are willing to work with your new Association. We tried a similar venture in Canada a few years ago and while very successful for approx three years, we got no support from the Eastern Provinces and with not enough funds to support a Secretary etc, the CTRA was forced to close. It appears that the Canadian Motorcycle Association, have little interest in working with the long time Trials organizers in Canada, and have a monopoly on Insurance for events. - Good luck in your new endeaver.

Dan:

I commend you and all involved with this new organization and wish you all the best! I would love to get your email address in order to ask some further questions and get your advice on some problems we have in Canada.

Cheers, Steve

Now that's worth talking about! Way to go Dan, Shan, Geoff and others. Nice to see some team work.

I wouldn't mind some 'off site' communication regarding what input you may or may not want with this venture. I'm sure that I can lead a great deal of people towards a community effort to make improvements to the sport in a postive way as the unofficial, self nominated President of the American Trials Association.

Oops, did I just say that out loud Captain?