Ambulance Chasers :0(

jj65

Last November, (This a bit of a rant, so I apologise in advance) at the Downland trial, on the way back to the horse and the harrow (start/end, we had just finished observing) a friend, my bro and myself were hit from behind by a car, whilst waiting to turn right in trev's van. The young women hit us at about 30 mph, pushing us about 40 feet forwards down the road, her car was a right off, trev's vw caddy had very little damage, bumper, light and one of the doors was dented (stood reason for buying one). Trev and Paul had minor whiplash, but I had slightly worst whiplash, as I was sat in the front passenger seat, heard the skidding sound, lent forwards to look behind in nearside mirror (to see a rapidly approaching car and then BANG, as she ploughed into the back of us).

Because I had lent forwards and grabbed the door handle, I got the full force through my shoulder and my head went back and forwards about 2 ft. Anyway, to cut a story short, I got carted off to hospital, on a spinal board, blue lights flashing and everything, to have a full check and X-ray. I was quite embarrassed really, as I thought/knew it was just neck strain and was just wasting their time, but they insisted they had to treat me, just in case (I'm sure they had more important things to do).

Within a couple of days of the accident, I had a call from the Ambulance chasers (solicitors) asking me to fill in a claims form for injury, they said I could claim for whiplash etc and would get a nice little payout (probably a couple of grand). The women on the phone was quite surprised when I said, no thanks, I'm not interested in claiming for anything, (I didn't have any time off work (the following day was my normal day off and ibrufen was enough to make my injuries bearable) as I thought that this claims culture we have now, was the reason insurance was so expensive and basically just made the solicitors/lawyers etc richer at our cost. Neither my brother or Trev claimed (even though we were all actively encouraged to) we all felt our injuries did not justify it and didn't want some ambulance chaser making shed loads of money out of it.

Since November, this legal company has called me about 3 - 4 times a week (I don't answer) and last week I recieved another letter reminding me that I should put a claim in. This really peeves me off, I have told them countless times, that I do not want to claim and yet they continue to harass me (Paul and Trev don't get the calls, although they have had another letter). This is why insurance is so expensive, I am old enough to remember the days when virtually no one claimed for injuries and hardly anyone sued. Now there's a massive industry, with call centres and 10's of millions paid out on fake claims and were all paying for it, whilst the ambulance chasers get rich :0(

I could legitimately put a claim in (ended up having a cortisone injection in my shoulder and physio) but I just don't agree with people making a lot of money, encouraging fake claims and at the end of the day, we'll all paying for it through increased cost for everything.

Rant over, sorry :0)

• Like 8

Good man. It all comes from the US of A. Having spent a few days in a hotel out there with nothing to do except watch telly, every second advert was from litigation lawyers. :( I do block Ads from these people if I see them on the Google Ads served on here.

• Like 1

Good man. It all comes from the US of A. Having spent a few days in a hotel out there with nothing to do except watch telly, every second advert was from litigation lawyers. :( I do block Ads from these people if I see them on the Google Ads served on here.

Agreed, when I first went over there I opened the yellow pages and 25% of the content was for lawyers.

:popcorn: look at the ad above your comment :hyper: it's these middle aged men in BOY RACER cars i blame :icon_salut: