199B Alloy Head Steady

smelling123

Could anyone please post a picture of the alloy head steady used on some of the 199bs?

I need a shot with the tank off showing the front frame mount.

I have the standard pressed steel one - were the alloy ones better? - looks stronger with 3 fixing points?

many thanks

Just happens I have these which I took for someone else a while ago. No idea if they are better or not. You also need to make the T shaped bracket that fits between the two rear head studs as the bottom head steady mount bots to this

post-71-0-39192900-1403120952_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-71996900-1403120953_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-93989400-1403120954_thumb.jpg

Edited by woody

There were some with and some without think that 3000 frame numbers onwards had them mostly.

IMHO much better than the steel ones, 3 point fixing. the frames bent with the steel ones rarely with the ally but they have to be ridden hard to cause deflection.

my 199B has the pressed steel 1 but has a steel rod weled on the under side to strenghthen it. i do think the alloy is better as nigel says they are stronger plus if you need to take the engine out theres no need to unbolt the cylinder head. unless your doing work on the top end. but i think with mine its strong enough with the steel rod welded on.