Van Brake Fault Will Make Me Miss Trial,any Info Please

westymono

Hi all,can anyone help with some info please.

My brakes have failed on my citroen c15 diesel 1.9 (2002 model) today I have tried to fix so as to transport my bike on sunday to the local trial but I am stumped !!! following the brakes giving up on me,,i guessed on either calliper seals,brake line leak or master cylinder failure,however there is no leaks from any brake lines,callipers,slave cylinders and I have fitted a new master cylinder,bled the brakes but still no bite and pedal goes to the floor with engine running,i noticed that after pumping the pedal, there is fluid leaking from a thick rubber hose venting from the bulkhead to the floor but do not know what this is venting from but leaks for a short period each time the brakes are pumped,then it stops,any help appreciated,thanks,Steve

Is the thick rubber pipe (thats leaking) from the bulkhead or the servo unit?

If its from the servo unit, then it shouldn't go to the floor but to the vacuum pump instead, if there is no pipe from servo unit to vacuum pump, this would explain you not having any brakes.

If there is a pipe from servo unit to vacuum pump, it could be the vacuum pump at fault

Pictures help a lot, have you got any you could post?

Edited by ourian

was fluid low on first inspection , has fluid been contaminated , determine what leak is and why , is clutch hydraulic and fed from brake reservoir ? try clamping rubber flexes to rule calipers / cylinders out , does it have abs { not sure if c15,s ever had abs ) , could servo be rusted through or has a bake pipe corroded through along bulk head

Is the thick rubber pipe (thats leaking) from the bulkhead or the servo unit?

If its from the servo unit, then it shouldn't go to the floor but to the vacuum pump instead, if there is no pipe from servo unit to vacuum pump, this would explain you not having any brakes.

If there is a pipe from servo unit to vacuum pump, it could be the vacuum pump at fault

Pictures help a lot, have you got any you could post?

no vacuum would cause hard pedal with little travel and no fluid leak unless servo was filling up which would take some doing