It Won't Start 2011 280I

tom675

My first post on here and hoping my fellow ossa owners may have some ideas.

I have a 2011 280i, I'm having an issue with it starting. It was running fine at a recent trial. I parked bike up, killed engine and went to walk the section. Couple of minutes later came back to the bike and it just wouldn't start

I checked plug and have spark, it also runs with a drop of fuel in cylinder until it's burnt off.

I'm thinking it's possibly the fuel pump or whatever sends a signal to that.

Anyone had this issue or any ideas for cause??

Check the connections to the injector, also pill the bash plate and check all the pump connections as the get wet and corrode, clean and pack with dialectic grease if that is the case.

To test the fuel pump connect a 12 v battery source in place of the capacitor, when you move the kickstart into position you should hear the fuel pump prime with a whirring sound

Thanks for reply canada.

Iv checked fuel pump connection and cleaned. Tested continuity from the plug upto ecu and appears ok.

I connected a 12v battery to capacitor outlet plug as you say but no pump whirring. I didn't move the kick start though, is this needed??

• 3 weeks later...

Faulty fuel pump. Just on with rebuilding the bike. Fuel pump and assembly is a ktm part. It appears to be a common fault with there bikes too. Tested the old pump once out of bike with a 12v supply and the pump never made a sound but got hot.

Fingers crossed it works once rebuilt.......

• 1 month later...

Yes mark bike is running now, done a few trials since and seems fine. It's a awkward job to do as everything is so tight with little tolerance. It would be very easy to break the fuel outlet pipe on the pump whilst removing/fitting engine, so caution is needed! Lol