Fim Trial World Championship - France

guys

Is that the lets pretend its no stop championship?

Section design by someone who has never heard of no stop SSDT etc etc?

I was told that an observer said that they had to give the riders a 3 seconds stop allowed time, because of the hard and muddy conditions in the Belgium event.

This was of course not the case in France.

I was told that an observer said that they had to give the riders a 3 seconds stop allowed time, because of the hard and muddy conditions in the Belgium event.

This was of course not the case in France.

IF this is true then what part of NO-STOP does a three second stop come under? This is part of the bigger problem - the WTC is so broken that local organisers just do whatever they want. We saw that again in France at the weekend in a number of different ways. The no stop rule and its application (or lack thereof) is only a tiny part of the problems.

IF this is true then what part of NO-STOP does a three second stop come under? This is part of the bigger problem - the WTC is so broken that local organisers just do whatever they want. We saw that again in France at the weekend in a number of different ways. The no stop rule and its application (or lack thereof) is only a tiny part of the problems.

I know it's only second hand news, I didn't hear directly from an observer, but I guess they're starting to realise they might have taken the wrong way.

If you look at all the videos I've posted about the Belgian event, you can check it for yourself if they've were allowed 3 seconds or not.

Hello, I see that the 2nd hand rumour mill has started. (I didn't actually here if from an observer). How can I check from a video if they were instructed to count to 3??

This is not a rumour - When I was organising the observers at Hawkstone Park and Fort William, both L&M Events, all observers were asked to penalise the rider if they ceased moving in a forward motion. In the case of FW this would have been a 5. No counting up to 3 etc. In the majority of cases this happened, in a few cases it did not, as stated by many armchair observers in the forums after the FW trials.

My question is 'what happened at the meeting with the observers at Penrith. Was an instruction given to count to 3 or anything similar? Can someone who observed at Penrith reply please.

Hello, I see that the 2nd hand rumour mill has started. (I didn't actually here if from an observer). How can I check from a video if they were instructed to count to 3??

This is not a rumour - When I was organising the observers at Hawkstone Park and Fort William, both L&M Events, all observers were asked to penalise the rider if they ceased moving in a forward motion. In the case of FW this would have been a 5. No counting up to 3 etc. In the majority of cases this happened, in a few cases it did not, as stated by many armchair observers in the forums after the FW trials.

My question is 'what happened at the meeting with the observers at Penrith. Was an instruction given to count to 3 or anything similar? Can someone who observed at Penrith reply please.

Most of the times you can see how much points they got in a particular section and I hope you can count until three to check how long the rider hesitated.

I can't prove that they were instructed to count until three, but I also have no reason to doubt my source.

And most of the time I count on people to make up their mind for themselves. I've got nothing to gain either way.

What I am sure of, is that if they had to be strict in the no stop rule, the scores would have been at least three times higher.

As said before, the 3 second rule was implemented because of the extraordinary hard conditions they had to ride in. And this was after the sections were even adapted for the conditions.

Given the circumstances, I think they did the right thing. But who am I...

Edited by guys

Even at a club trial, we watch what happens/is forecasted and its quite accurate nowadays. In belgium in particular i saw 3 sections where a slightly bigger loop and no one would have needed to stop hop and flick to get lined up, easy change no counting to 3.

I blame pasquet for not saying whats a no stop event and getting some changes.

Why isnt Thierry there on th monday helping marking out?

• Like 2