Cool Birthday ...

axulsuv

Well I just have to share with the Flyers out here what my Boss did out of the blue for my turned 15 today son ...

He took Tyler up in his Cessna (sp?) and let him fly it :) (well steer it ...) Pretty cool for a kid that has never flown before .

I'll wait till after I help fix the hydraulic fluid leak in the pump to fly the totally cool Sea-bee he's got too ... Makes me wish I still had my Aircoupe ...

post-1232-0-77393700-1407610082_thumb.jpg

post-1232-0-57976800-1407610210_thumb.jpg

post-1232-0-44927100-1407610331_thumb.jpg

Pretty Fun day for the kid !:)

Glenn

• Like 4

He just replaced all the lexan ? windows and repainted the cockpit section , hasn't got around to adding the stripes back yet .

And the sea-bee is way cool , except for the sun damaged paint that plane has been minted out ...

The hand pump that raises /rolls back the gear leaks slightly into the hull , so he won't take it up for good reason , the gear may go up , but it may not come back down ....But it has been used around here for search&rescue on our many lakes , with positive results :) Just a really unique craft :)

Glenn

And Copey ; Were the little Grumman Americans good craft ? There's one at the local port that needs a loving home ... I seem to remember them being little hotrods ?

He just replaced all the lexan ? windows and repainted the cockpit section , hasn't got around to adding the stripes back yet .

And the sea-bee is way cool , except for the sun damaged paint that plane has been minted out ...

The hand pump that raises /rolls back the gear leaks slightly into the hull , so he won't take it up for good reason , the gear may go up , but it may not come back down ....But it has been used around here for search&rescue on our many lakes , with positive results :) Just a really unique craft :)

Glenn

And Copey ; Were the little Grumman Americans good craft ? There's one at the local port that needs a loving home ... I seem to remember them being little hotrods ?

What I understand is the little Grumman Yankee 2 seater is pretty much a POS and the larger Tigre is a pretty good rig!

We had a Yankee sit on our ramp and rot for twenty years!