Removing Wiring From Honda Tlr200

big_meadows

hi there,

i bought a 86 tlr200 and was wanting to take off as much electrical as possible. i looked at some post but couldnt get all the info i would need to do this. what all could i take off and still have it run without causing future probs? i took off the head light, tail light, speedo, key ignition, ect. i see theres two sets of wires go to the stater ( engine). also theres a rectifier, dont know if i still would need it? i didnt get up inside the frame, but thinking thats were the cdi is? does anyone have a wiring diagram on how to re-wire the bike so i wouldnt have to have all the lights, ignition, ect. just a kill switch like the tl250's were? thanks.

Off the top of my head.....the multi connecter is for the lights and charging system, just unplug and ditch everything linked up to it. the other one with 2 wires are for the ignition. think the kill links in to the coil somehow. Be aware that theTLR CDI gets it's signal from the outer flywheel trigger, so there's a wire to power the CDI box and another for the coil... can't remember the colours and I'm p*ssed and it's dark in the shed!!!! There will be some one along soon of a more sober disposition, LOL