Newbie From Northern Ireland

s_monty

Hello.

I'm another Newbie....well not quite Newbie. A 53 year old returning to trials after an absence of over 20 years.

Last bike I had was a Montesa Honda MH349, (anyone remember them?). Bought it new in 1986 and sold it in 1993.

I've just recently bought myself a 2009 Gas Gas TXT Pro. Bloody hell they haven't half changed since I've been away!

Having just discovered this wonderful forum and reding up, and having been out on the TXT Pro a few times I'm starting to wonder If I've made the right choice. Apart from the differences which are immediately obvious: size, weight, disc brakes, water cooling.......the BIG difference is in power / power delivery. These modern bikes seem to be much more highly tuned than 25 years ago, with quite a vicious power delivery. To be treated with a large portion of respect!

I've also talked my brother-in-law into getting back into it (after a similar absence).

Currently practising at Parkgate Quarry and getting ready to go along and join in (for the fun) with some of the organised events. There is a new club / website MototrialNI which seems to be popular and are obviously doing something right. Next event Sat 3rd January......and we plan to be there.

Look forward to looking in here regularly. What a source of information. Thanks guys.