Bultaco Kickstart Problem

millerme

picked up my bully yesterday ,

When I got it home tried to start it but the kick feels a bit strange out if 10 kick`s the engine only turned over 3 times feel like the clutch slipping as I kick also noticed that the piston need s to be at TDC when it does turn over ,

could this be a woodruff key problem

,Also could I have done it by putting the bike in first gear with out pulling clutch in to load it to the side of the van

also the bike has not been used for many years

Hi,

Dave at bultaco uk gave me a good tip about bully clutches. and it might be worth giving it a go before a strip down. drain as much of the old oil as you can. then put some neat petrol in and gently ride it around for 5-10 mins, then drain the petrol and refill with a light gear oil, ride around for a little longer, drain and refill with fresh oil. cannot remember how much petrol you would use, give him a call 01784 440033, i am sure he will help you out.

Cheers,

Tom,

Before adjusting you should loosen the adjuster at the clutch lever on the handlebar completely.

If there is still a spring at the engaging arm of the clutch no problem no if not please look up if

the arm is retarded completely.

On the clutch side of the engine there is a big plastic nut, just unscrew it, in the middle you find a screw and a secure nut,

unscrew nut then adjust the engagement of the clutch with the inner bolt and a screwdriver so you have at least 2mm

of play between the clutch and the engaging rod inside. Then do the fine adjusting of the cable again at the lever at the handle bar.