Stolen 2 Bikes Scarborough N.yorks 24.02.2015

disco1001

Stolen from locked house shed in Scarborough N.Yorks.

Bikes chained together with Heavy Duty Oxford chain link locks Thatcham approved.

Bikes removed still locked, carried as one. 2 helmets and 2 pairs of boots including a number of oil containers also taken.

All other items in shed such as tools, cycles not touched. Targeted theft.

Bike details:

2007 GAS GAS TXT 300 CC Red and Black.

2007 Sherco 250 CC Blue / Yellow with black frame and wheels.

Very good reward offered. Information received in confidence. Bike serial Nos available. Contact me (Darren) on 07795497185.

post-17216-0-21044500-1425236880_thumb.jpg

post-17216-0-65607900-1425236893_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late for you unfortunately but I wonder if following suggestion may help prevent future theft from you or other forum members.

Consider approaching your neighbours with a view to putting at least 2 CCTV systems up so the CCTV overlooks each other. By sharing the cost between say 15 households the CCTV costs next to nothing and is a major deterrent to all types of crime.

I know several businesses who have adopted the above strategy.

Too bad someone has not invented Liquid Lead to put in your tyres while stored in the garage.

Dads suggestion of video is probably your best bet. Your gov videos everything they can, so should you. (ours are getting that way too)

Sounds like thieves are among your pals over there because of so much extensive knowledge of targets.

Hide cameras, have driveway cameras, and a internet feed. Vote to be able to protect your property.

Thanks for advice...

Yes UK is rife for m/c theft. has been for years...

Dont ever hear of police busting major players.

Perhaps the theives (scum) are to organised, or police time is needed elaswhere...shame.

Gutted for my son (16) as he worked hard all summer and saved for his bike....not insured also...

Learnt my lesson...future bikes will be road registered, insured and stored elsewhere in a seriously secured location....

Future attempted theiving bstrds will be caught on camera, identified using social media, hunted down and dealt with accordinaly (private)...