03 Sy250 Clutch Slave Cylinder.

n_collins

hi i have seen the other threads on bleeding the clutch but it just doesnt seem to be working for me at all! i got a new slave cylinder as the old one crapped itself! but i cant get the fluid from the resevoir out. i pump it and the first pump a wee squirt comes out but after that nothing. any help would be appreciated.

If I mind right the fluid should just run down from the master cyl out the bleed nipple on the slave cyl.

Take the cluch lever off to let the piston in the master cyl right back and use an allen key or similar to push the piston.

Not meaning to be cheeky but you're not trying to bleed it by pumping the slave cyl?

Cheers.

There is no bleed nipple on these slave cylinders. You have to bleed it through the banjo. I bled out all the old fluid and I put new fluid in the resevior and in the banjo I used a cable tie to keep the slave cylinder compressed while I pump the clutch lever air bubbles were coming out and now there's none but the clutch isn't working. There in no pressure at the lever when I pull in and the slave cylinder is decompressed I know I'm doing something stupid or not doing something small but I just can't figure it out.