Ttc Doings And Tv Trials Coverage Soon

dbrown

Hi all,

lots going on at TTC these days. Tommi Ahvala is here for about a week between shows, he's been out practicing with Ray Peters & Chris Florin and David Chavez. Quite the show. Today it was sunny and 50-something and all these guys are going at it, just another day in trials heaven (sorry to you guys & gals up north). Also note: 1 GasGas, 1 Beta, 1 Montesa, 1 Sherco. I didn't find out who has to buy ice cream tonight, but it usually isn't Tommi.

A couple different trials training sessions going on this weekend, and a crew from 2-wheel-Tuesday on Speed is finally coming up to film a segment. Don't know if Greg White will come, but I hope we'll get some good coverage for trials on TV. I'll let everyone know when its on as soon as I find out. They say they'll be at the national in April to cover that event for sure.

Will Ibsen will be here practicing this weekend with the expert group, so maybe we'll have a couple of future national champs in the mix? Chris is not far from the top now (and he's younger than Geoff & Ryon) and Will is riding champ stuff at age 14.

We will break ground (finally) on the RV spots in the next couple weeks and should have 10 spaces good to go by mid March. We're planning 6 of them with 50-amp service for the big guys and 4 with 30-amp. All will have water & sewer. I'm excited about it. Visited the banker today, he opened another vein and said everything is ok. Please come & spend money.

Looking forward to a big turnout for Training Days on March 27-28. We now have on-line signup working, and you can pay online or else print it out & mail it in. Don't forget the TDN fund raiser pro-am trial on Monday, March 29, all the proceeds go to a good cause (Team USA!).

Another news item (I'm catching them all up at once, aren't I), we will be welcoming Brent & Bruce LeRiche to join TTC in February. These 2 brothers are the top 2 riders from South Africa, and will stay with us through Sept. to compete in the U.S. Nationals and train at TTC. They seem like really nice guys, and they will be helping us out at TTC with instruction and helping to improve the place. They will be riding Montesa's and competing in the champ class. I think it is way cool that people from other parts of the world think highly enough of our national series to go to the considerable trouble and expense to come & compete here. I think this adds much to our series and am looking forward to their visit.

Well, that's all for now, I'll give another report on the TV coverage when I have more details. I look forward to seeing many people from the trials central forum at TTC for the Training Days and/or the Nationals, please introduce yourselves so I have a face to put with the names. If you can't make it then, come some other time, we always have something fun going on.

regards,

Dan Brown

They filmed the show today (Sat., Jan. 17) and it went great. Greg White (host of 2-wheel Tuesday on Speed Channel) spent the day learning to ride from all the champs and was quite enthusiastic about what a fun time he had & what a great sport this is. The champs showed off and everybody had a good time joking around and riding, & it will be excellent coverage for trials. I think they will cover our national on April 3/4.

Should be on in a few weeks, early Feb. probably. Greg's a good guy and a true motorcycle enthusiast. After the show airs, I hope everybody will send them an email or something and tell the network how much you enjoy the coverage of trials.

dan