199A/b

scot taco

A little slow on the forum so I thought I,d post a few pics of the progress on my brothers 199A/B look-a-like.It,s had it,s share of glitches going back together,but it is getting closer now.

Also a pic of the brake pedal I,m making for my A model so I can brake on the left with a rod instead of a cable.It still needs finishing but the rough draft seems to work.

post-17837-0-58760000-1457404208_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-16875200-1457404239_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-33284000-1457404283_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

HI Scot 

Thats the best one i have seen made to measure and a prefect fit, My bike came with a home made one, no were near as good as the one you have made, but i managed to brake it ! So i managed to find a Bultaco original left hand rear brake peddle from an earlier Sherpa and was so excited ( photo attached of one like i found ) but the arm is not long enough to clear the top of the swinging arm on my 199A and give a straight line to the rear hub brake arm ........ So the one that came with my bike and fits and lines up with the rear brake is being fixed. 

Scot please keep posting photos of your work on your bikes, looks like you have lots of great bikes to have fun on.

I also have a big grin on my face when im riding my 199A the grin gets even bigger as i open it up. I have just had the rear box stripped and rebuilt simular to the way the spanish Bultaco tuners do to there bikes a friend of a friend did it for me, he said it was so full of crap he was surprised it worked at all, so i guess it needed doing. 

All the best Joe 

post-14180-0-55721700-1458473146_thumb.png

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 3

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for the kind words.I have enormous respect for the guys out there who are capable of building real nice looking and detailed bikes.It definitely takes a lot of time,patience and more talent than I have.

That being said,I really do enjoy being out in the shop fiddling with them and doing what I can.It is a great escape,I agree,the old 199A has a huge grin factor.It is not only a great trials bike but also a fantastic play bike.

I repacked my club foot last year,but kept it stock.I should probably do the mid box,but it does run really well and IMO sounds better than any other twin shock.

Regards,  Scott

post-17837-0-40259000-1458493945_thumb.jpg

• Like 3