Another Noobie.

trial bike

Hi all,

I've been hopping in and out of Trials Central for a while now and thought it was about time I introduced myself, now that I'm "on the pegs" again.

The last time I rode a trials bike was about 33 years ago! (Been riding road bikes and the odd trail bike).

I've bought myself a trials bike at long last after desiring one for years.

I am lucky enough to live in the Scottish Highlands and am surrounded by rocks, trees and hills. As I walk about I can't help thinking..."there's a section", "I could ride that" etc, etc,

Now I can...or at least try to!

I have a Montesa 4RT. (I yearned for a Montesa Cota as a youth, but couldn't fund one, and am a four stroke fan, So it had to be eh?)

When I first got on the thing I could barely ride it round in a circle smaller than my van is capable of, let alone a full lock turn. And trying to stop it taking off from tick over or stopping with out throwing me over the bars was a bit testing.

But I now have the beast tamed and am getting back into the swing of things.

I love it.

It is SO capable compared to my old TY175, unless I am much better than I was as a youf, which I doubt somehow.

How 30 years of technology have changed things. WOW.

I guess the fact the bike has got lighter and I have got heavier helps with weight transfer, I was a light weight kid and could never do "the stunts".

Plus, we have the internet now, with lots of advice and tips, (wish I had that as a kid).

Ah well, thats me.

Now...

I have a question...

• Like 2