Trials Near Middlesbrough

beta_basher

as iv just started trails . im basicly waching others and teaching myself if you know what i meen. my dad said we could go to the indoor champs if i gave him about 5 months notice but id like to wach a local weekend trial or any local trial. can any one tell me dates for trails please as i want to see how its done <_<

Edited by beta_basher

Hi beta basher, for the next three weeks there is nothing local to Middlesbrough for you to watch a trial.Today the trial is at Hollins Farm in Rosedale, North Yorkshire. This is run by the Hull club, start time is 11.00am and will take about 1 hour 15 mins travel time from M'boro. Next week is at Ouseburn between Boroughbridge & York. This trial is run by Eboracum motor club and is about 50 minutes from M'boro. The following week is a bit more local (30 mins travelling time) as Northallerton are running the Bilsdale Trophy trial starting at 9.00am from the Sun Inn at Bilsdale. Sun Inn is on the left hand side of the road about four miles past Chop Gate on the Helmsley road. This is a long road based event so I'm not sure about it's suitability for spectating, perhaps another user could advise you as I have never riden this trial. After this it will be Rememberance Sunday and no trials are held on that day, however I think Hull are running a trial on the saturday again in Rosedale on the North Yorkshire Moors. As you can see most of East Yorkshire trials are held on the moors and usually involves at least one hour travel time. I think Guisborough are holding a trial at Charlton's in about a month's time which is about 20 minutes away for you. It is a very compact venue and you can see all sections on foot as the course is only about a mile in length.

You should have taken your Dad to the Scott yesterday near Richmond,it was only an hour away and you could have seen the top riders in the country and Amos Bilboa from Spain competing in the hardest one day trial in the world!

It might be best to spectate at Charlton's first of all. This way you can see how a trial operates, you will get to see riders inspect and view sections and then how they then ride them. By watching others at a trial you will at least have a feel of the riding skills that are required to enter a trial. You will also get to learn how the colour of the flags dictate which route you ride through the section. My tip would be to make a mental note of the easier sections and their locations, then go and practice the next week and attempt the sections yourself. This is the advantage of Charltons as beginners can watch a trial one week then practice themselves the next. Please make sure your dad or riding parner is with you as you should never practice on your own for safety reasons. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

ACU handbook has Guisborough event at Charlton's as Sunday 20th Nov start time is usually 10.30am

Check in Trials & Motocross news for definite details. Their boxing day event in recent years has also been held at Charltons.