sherco70

Hi,

Home is Pacific Northwest USA. Ride a Sherco 290 X-Ride on local single track off-road trails here. Have enjoyed trials since the 70's and owned a couple Sherpa T's then. Wish I had them now. Have been attending the area trials events this year and feeling I need to add a trials machine to the garage again.

Art

Welcome Art,

I have an X-Ride and added a ST250 (to replace my GG200) last year. It is great having a real trials bike for events and the X-Ride for trail riding... I have run the X-Ride at events but it does make it more difficult to do well... of course Jarvis can ride trials events on a full out Enduro machine so anything is possible. Are you on the Sherco forum as well?

Cheers,

Michael

Hello Michael,

Yes, I am also on the Sherco forum.

The X-Ride is just what I want for trail riding, but I would not do well or enjoy myself riding it at trials events. A local dealer has a new Beta EVO 200 that I'm going to test ride. What new generation trials machines I have tried are so different from what I have owned. Just have to find one that suits the level that I will compete at.

Art 

It was a really close call for me between the EVO200 and the ST250. If you have been riding since the 70s I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the modern trials machines they are all great fun but giving them a try is your best bet... good luck !!!