Your Grandparents Had No Computers!

copemech

A recent pic I seen of a WWI German sub control room. This was little as compared to the battleship I visited.

In onre of my trips to the Mrs visited a museum and it has a ww2 u boat. Apparently they color coded by then.

F90C3115-9737-4463-ACA4-DC35BD0AB6CB_zps

93E06227-45C4-4F3F-8D6E-E8294B5F3985_zps

--biff

Hi,

Jack Knoops found an interesting image of a motorcycle fitted with a radial engine. A little research showed that the radial engine is an Australian ROTEC R2800 seven cylinder light aircraft model built around 2000-ish, and later superseded by an improved model in 2005.

Radial engines were designed initially exclusively for the aircraft industry as a means of arranging the maximum numbers of active cylinders mounted on the minimum size (and therefore weight) of crankcase.

Attached is the image that first interested Jack. sadly the initial caption is totally inaccurate, describing it as a rotary engine!

post-19290-0-43009700-1462610248_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Well... while the sticker tells me the car / engine combination was build in Germany, the music tells me that this car was made in former east Germany.

Anyway these radial engine need much space (beside for an air plane).

The Finnish Navy uses speed boats with radial engines.

I personal like these Lanz Bulldog 20liter one cylinder tractors a lot never thought an engine can run so slowly and still being so strong without having any hp to mention about.