Weight

dwb5151

Hi does anyone know why the TRS is so light at 65kg people said to me its due to the quality of the parts not being great as when you compare it to other bikes such as sherco which is 68kg and the gas gas at 67kg. I think its light due to the frame being twin spar forged aluminium and the engine being an old design but it looks very well made. Many thanks Dw

It is light not because the parts are weak, it is because its a brand new design from guys that have had experience with another ex brand before (jotagas) so they come from already low weight bike idea, to a new redesign frame and motor from the ground up...! Different than in others brands as sherco or GG where they have a huge investment in engine alluminum cast molds and frame gigs from10 or so years before, and they needs to "pay" for this investments made. This is why this brands only make small changes on a yearly basis. Doing a full change in frame, emgine design and modifing production standards , molds and process, would cost a fortune.!

• Like 1

The build quality of the bike dont get me wrong is great probably the best made 2 stroke trials bike i have seen in a a long time and i have decided my next bike is going to be a TRS but since i have spend so much money repairing my sherco i don't want to get rid of it for a while.

I put my new bike on a scale at the local dealer, and it was 143 lbs; about 7 pounds less than the Beta, Sherco, Vertigo (Camo), GasGas and 20 lbs less than a Montesa. The bike is engineered simplicity, a treat to ride and to maintain, and I quite honestly see a place where they have skimped on quality.

I put my new bike on a scale at the local dealer, and it was 143 lbs; about 7 pounds less than the Beta, Sherco, Vertigo (Camo), GasGas and 20 lbs less than a Montesa. The bike is engineered simplicity, a treat to ride and to maintain, and I quite honestly see a place where they have skimped on quality.

If you dont mind be asking what is the power like on the trs 280 compared to your previous bike. As i currently ride a 2011 sherco 290 and i am not sure to go for the 280 or the 300 . I have only had a go on the 250 because that is all they have over here as a demo bike. 

• Like 1

If you dont mind be asking what is the power like on the trs 280 compared to your previous bike. As i currently ride a 2011 sherco 290 and i am not sure to go for the 280 or the 300 . I have only had a go on the 250 because that is all they have over here as a demo bike. 

I have owned and ridden 250, 280 and 300 Gassers, 250, 270, 290 and 300 Betas, 2.9 Sherco, 3.2 4t Sherco, and a 280 TRS One. The 250 is really all that most riders need. The 280 (272cc) is my preferred bike for the following reasons:

1. We often ride to 6000 + feet, and with the thinner air,, the 280 suffers less than the 250 which will be a bit down on power.
  2. I am 210 lbs with a pack and ridding gear.
  3. The 300s, especially the Gasser, Sherco and TRS are tiring. Great fun first thing in the morning, but by mid afternoon, mistakes are more frequent, and with greater consequences.
  4. The 300s seem to burn more fuel on average than the 280. We are often packing extra fuel on our rides, and it just means more riding time.
  5. The 280 is easier to handle. The 300s can be savage when you are deep in the power, whether on purpose or not. If you are not quite prepared, they can be harder to recover than a 280.

I hope that this helps

Spencer

I have owned and ridden 250, 280 and 300 Gassers, 250, 270, 290 and 300 Betas, 2.9 Sherco, 3.2 4t Sherco, and a 280 TRS One. The 250 is really all that most riders need. The 280 (272cc) is my preferred bike for the following reasons:

• We often ride to 6000 + feet, and with the thinner air,, the 280 suffers less than the 250 which will be a bit down on power.
  • I am 210 lbs with a pack and ridding gear.
  • The 300s, especially the Gasser, Sherco and TRS are tiring. Great fun first thing in the morning, but by mid afternoon, mistakes are more frequent, and with greater consequences.
  • The 300s seem to burn more fuel on average than the 280. We are often packing extra fuel on our rides, and it just means more riding time.
  • The 280 is easier to handle. The 300s can be savage when you are deep in the power, whether on purpose or not. If you are not quite prepared, they can be harder to recover than a 280.
I hope that this helps

Spencer

The problem I have is that I havent rode the 280 or the 300 so I don't know what the power is like on them. But after riding the 250 I would like more power. As I do a lot of steep climbs.If I was going to buy a Sherco or the vertigo I would buy the 300 but don't know what I would do with the trs the 280 or the 300 I think it would be better if i went for the 300 as it can be tuned down a bit if needed Edited by dwb5151

That is a bit difficult to answer, the the different years bikes had their own characteristics.

I would attempt to describe engine power delivery as more similar to a Gasser and Sherco than to the Beta. I am spending 60% of my time in first gear compared to 20% on the Beta, so again, more like the Gasser for gearing.

I rode the 300 TRS for a couple of hours, and found it very strong, not so different from a 2016 300 Sherco that I rode for an afternoon insofar as engine power is concerned, and I think that it is well understood that the 300 Sherco is very powerful.

Spencer