Montesa 310 Ignition (motoplat)

monty-python

I was interested in a cheap montesa 310 (circa 1990ish), however,it has a goosed ignition system, (stator plate etc.u/s ) and according to sandifords, the motoplat parts are pretty much "unobtanium", as motoplat wint T8ts up a good number of years ago. Does anyone out there know of any suppliers of motoplat bits.

Also have any of you had one of these bikes, and, if so , what like are they?

thanks

They're ok. The rear suspension is "old school", too much dampening and even though there's a dial it doesn't regulate it that well. I'm being nice there. I was going to say the shock is a pile of colonic waste. Also, in my case, the factory hadn't tightened the rotor properly on my bike and it ripped through the crankcase in its first hour of use. Otherwise it

Edited by Spud Plark

I remember trying the last of the 310 Monts at a test day. I had a red 260 Beta Zero at the time. The venue was mainly big banks/climbs, cambers, mud, roots but no rocks at all. In those conditions the Mont matched the Zero for power, no problem, was more forgiving to ride in the 'old school' style and trashed the Zero for grip. Suspension I would say was on a par with the Zero, maybe SpuLark had a bad one, although as said, I didn't give it any trial over rocks. I liked it that much I didn't want to give it back and would have gladly swapped the Zero for it. Problem was I had bust the bank to get the Zero and couldn't afford another change so the trade never happened and I never rode one again after that. It was also about the time I really was fed up with the way trials was evolving (hop bop up your own a*** etc) so I couldn't justify more expense to myself anyway. The Zero went and I went twinshocking.

For a repair to your motoplat try the trader that used to trade as Bradford Ignitions in Cornwall but who has since moved to Spain and advertises in TMX. May even be called Motoplat something or other now. I had a couple of Ossa motoplat stators fixed by him before he moved to Spain and they work fine.