Repurchased Bultaco after 28 years!!

Buckyten

Good for you. I was reunited with a 247 Cota which I bought new in the 70s after a gap in ownership of 34 years. Makes me feel as if I'm in my twenties again when I ride it.

The strange thing is that of 15 trials bikes I've owned, that is the only one I've ever seen again. Where do these bikes go? I guess by now almost all of the pre 65 stuff has been pulled out of barns to be sold at huge prices, but there must be hundreds of Bultos, Montesas and Ossas lying around somewhere. There aren't many in twinshock trials.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

Good for you. I was reunited with a 247 Cota which I bought new in the 70s after a gap in ownership of 34 years. Makes me feel as if I'm in my twenties again when I ride it.

The strange thing is that of 15 trials bikes I've owned, that is the only one I've ever seen again. Where do these bikes go? I guess by now almost all of the pre 65 stuff has been pulled out of barns to be sold at huge prices, but there must be hundreds of Bultos, Montesas and Ossas lying around somewhere. There aren't many in twinshock trials.

Torn apart and either flogged on that well known auction site on-line, or potentially literally ridden to death and junked. I tend to look at old barns in a new light, wondering what delights and hidden gems are waiting to be discovered. Years ago a friends older brother who had the bike bug and rode a BSA C15S also hankered after off-road stuff and built a BSA Bantam Trials bike. But he could also draw a bit and pinned to the workshop wall ( his Dad was a plumber) was a drawing depicting an old scrambles bike covered in cob webs and dust,  written across the top was ‘barn find’. So even in the 60’s some of us were at it then!!!!