It Started!

borderbultaco

The M27 started second kick after 38 years dormant.  Rex Caunt Racing ignition highly recommended. Helpful guy.

Bit of fettling to do yet but finally getting somewhere!

Cheers

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNeADlix5rmUCVeRieJqA8ywiXHqTh98Ckni2w5YK9EnDxHDDhoBcOeiI9L_KbpEg/photo/AF1QipOZJJ-jyDSKYxUvX3fTZwcd74BCdQ8dzLrRNwR5?key=UDQycVR1TWdqS190ZUNhWmZiT2p4Vmd0eElQcFdn

• Like 4

17 hours ago, borderbultaco said:

The M27 started second kick after 38 years dormant.  Rex Caunt Racing ignition highly recommended. Helpful guy.

Bit of fettling to do yet but finally getting somewhere!

Cheers

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNeADlix5rmUCVeRieJqA8ywiXHqTh98Ckni2w5YK9EnDxHDDhoBcOeiI9L_KbpEg/photo/AF1QipOZJJ-jyDSKYxUvX3fTZwcd74BCdQ8dzLrRNwR5?key=UDQycVR1TWdqS190ZUNhWmZiT2p4Vmd0eElQcFdn

Good to see it going. Very cool-looking header pipe. Did you make it? Also where is the beautiful fuel tank from?

• 1 month later...

Hi, Did I reply? Sorry feetupfun. if I'm repeating myself. The header pipe is a heavily modded later downward pipe with the original flange cut off and a new one hammered out by hand (a trick learnt from an old hand at vintage restorations, connected to the original silencer via a custom length of flexible pipe. 

The tank is hand made by a guy called Terry Weedy in Portsmouth. Its really for a Pursang but is close enough to the sherpa not to worry me and at £280 actually cheaper than refurbing the original. Only problem is no balance pipe, but laying the bike on its side fixes this.

Best