A Class act!

breagh

Can't help noticing that the FIM has introduced a new E bike class in there WTC.

Normally the introduction of a new class even at club level grinds my gears and take it from a man with massive respect for delicate trials transmissions it's the proverbial red flag.

However I feel I must embrace it as the championships are now so fragmented I could be in with as shout if I can just hang on in there.

I really see an over 55 clapped out Scorpa  living within the East Neuk "World championship" could have my name written all over the Trophy.

In this recent French World Round I noticed that the Mecatecno Dragonfly E bike only cleaned the first section, all the rest being 5s with one section missed out.

Obviously I know how that feels! and hope it was actually due to some sort of machine gremlins or the £10,000 retail asking price might be looking more than a bit speculative.

Anyone know anything?

Three years it's been going and I didn't know, next thing you'll be telling me is Sammy Miller is no longer British Champion.

Don't know about this dragonfly looks like they raided the Ossa parts bin to finish it off that probably gives you a clue as to what happened to it .

Regardless not one person has turned up to any of our club's trials on an E bike (Osets excepted)and we run a lot could it be because we would refuse to put them in a separate class?

Maybe there's hundreds of E bikers out there chomping at the bit to ride only deterred by the lack of a plastic trophy on offer. 

Edited by breagh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oni nou said:

I do not think that would bother a good rider in a club trial  An electric trial bike beat all the petrol bikes to win the senior 2 class in the French national championships in 2016  .....if Chris Pearson came up to your place on an EM electric bike he would beat a lot of riders on petrol bikes.

Having watched Chris ride the Em in British Championships ,and I think he's been on the podium in the expert class , there's no doubting the bikes are capable