Frontera cutting out

sadlotus

Evening all.

Riding the Frontera round the fields today, all was fine til I opened it up - good for a couple of hundred yards then it cut out.

Started immediately. then good for another coupla hundred yards. Then cuts out again. If I pootle along the bike will go on forever.

Felt like fuel starvation. Took the carb off and all looked good, felt like a sticky float valve but all looked good.

Then... spotted a split in the 'rubber' manifold connector. 

Question: would this air leak give the symptoms? Would have thought the bike would rev up or cut out at low revs but ticks over smoothly forever.

Thoughts?

Thanks SS, I’m getting plenty of power. Not sure the split mount is even affecting the running. It’s as if full throttle uses all the fuel in the float bowl, then refills by the time I come to a halt and kickstart. Starts first kick. Carb’s off now getting a blow through, new mount ordered. 

I do drain all petrol out when I put it away including draining the carb.  So may be some dried fuel on the float needle? Hopefully a clean up will fix it.