Newbie alert!

J1788

Hello all

You probably get this a lot so I do apologise in advance but you got to start somewhere right! I'm getting back in to trials after about 15 years out just fed up of road riding really, this seems like a very knowledge forum and I'm just after a little advice if you don't mind.    

So to get me going I've got myself a Beta Evo 290 2008 well that's what it states on the paper work that has come with it, but the Manual that has also come with it is a 2009 model now after having a look around I can't seem to find a 2008 manual so just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction to confirm the age? from what I can see 2008 is the Rev model I think. Not sure if would really matter and maybe I'm being over cautious and not wanting to use the wrong oils and things and just trying to do my homework really.

Also any recommendations for spares and clothing would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance. Joe      

There is quite a lot of posts on the subject ‘year of bike’. Think you’ll need to do a frame number check, then ring or e-mail the importers. There will be someone on this site to offer you help that may have the info you need. Welcome...it’s safer off road!?

3 hours ago, J1788 said:

Hello all

You probably get this a lot so I do apologise in advance but you got to start somewhere right! I'm getting back in to trials after about 15 years out just fed up of road riding really, this seems like a very knowledge forum and I'm just after a little advice if you don't mind.    

So to get me going I've got myself a Beta Evo 290 2008 well that's what it states on the paper work that has come with it, but the Manual that has also come with it is a 2009 model now after having a look around I can't seem to find a 2008 manual so just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction to confirm the age? from what I can see 2008 is the Rev model I think. Not sure if would really matter and maybe I'm being over cautious and not wanting to use the wrong oils and things and just trying to do my homework really.

Also any recommendations for spares and clothing would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance. Joe      

Hey Joe. 

Ive got a 2

beta 290 the same as yours. Beta relise bike models slightly early which is why it’s like that’s. So  2019 are out now.   I use putoline trials strawberry  5ltrs of fuel to 70ml of oil  

loads of people will have there own preferences on types of oil choice   

Where are you based? 

Rich  

Thanks for the reply's 

yeah I thought that may of been the case with the year Rich, I was looking at the putoline stuff anyway as I know the brand so I'll get some ordered do you use the light gear/engine 75w oil to on yours or a different brand?

I'm just outside of Grimsby Lincolnshire and hoping to get out on it next weekend.

cheers.