Ferrer entering Trial2 for 2019

NAD1

Another TrialGP rider dropping from TrialGP down to Trial2

Alex Ferrer looking to do full Trial2 for 2019 non Sherco. 

What do people think on this? Does it hinder young trials riders from going to TrialGP or does it just make Trial2 more competitive??

from my thinking I wouldn’t say it stops riders rising to TrialGP, you don’t have to win Trial2 to make the step up.

It certainly makes Trial2 more competitive at the top. 

3 hours ago, nickday1 said:

Another TrialGP rider dropping from TrialGP down to Trial2

Alex Ferrer looking to do full Trial2 for 2019 non Sherco. 

What do people think on this? Does it hinder young trials riders from going to TrialGP or does it just make Trial2 more competitive??

from my thinking I wouldn’t say it stops riders rising to TrialGP, you don’t have to win Trial2 to make the step up.

It certainly makes Trial2 more competitive at the top. 

Perhaps there is room for another class in the WTC that could be called 50/50.....make that trial 2 and the current trial 2 standard of section becomes trial 3 so that GP quality riders cannot just drop down to a much easier for them level with their Elite skills and experience of much harder sections and then dominate

If it carries on like it is will Cabestany and Fujinami end up extending their careers as factory riders[points towards manufacturers trophy] and hog the trial 2 podium into their 50''s.

Edited by oni nou

In a way its good riders dropping down  from gp to trial 2,but is it right ?  it gives the young riders a bench mark to see  were they need to be for trial gp .A lot off the younger riders have been made out or bigged up to be a lot better than they are. Lets face it if they dont bet these riders dropping down to trial 2 by a big amount  they will not make it in trial gp Sad to see the wtc has turned out like club trials needing a class suit  everyone

I don’t think ferrer will Make much of an impact to be honest I think it will be a 3 way battle between martyn ,grattarola and marcelli who hasn’t got the pressure of riding for the factory team anymore , one thing I don’t understand is why on earth is Dan peace moving up to TrialGP? He’s been average at best this year I think it’s suicide he will probably come near last in every round ,get fed up and quit like many before him, I hope I’m wrong though 

Why not have a promotion /relegation system like football. Top 3 finishers in Trial2 get to move up to trial Gp with some funding help for the first year from FIM,  enough that they can also practice every day to help bridge the skill gap, whilst bottom 3 from trial Gp get relegated to Trial2.

I am not overly concerned with riders dropping down, or moving up at will, but it could be problematic if a rider of Cabestany's pedigree can't find a ride in GP and is forced to move down to continue his career.  I had never thought of a promotion, relegation system, but an interesting concept.  If a rider can't beat Ferrer, Gubian, Gratarola, they likely won't make an impact in GP.  I like the idea of experienced riders, creating a competitive class for the up and coming riders.  I don't like the idea that sponsors and manufacturers, may keep their money with experienced big name riders rather than develop a wider swath of young riders.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, hgas said:

I don’t think ferrer will Make much of an impact to be honest I think it will be a 3 way battle between martyn ,grattarola and marcelli who hasn’t got the pressure of riding for the factory team anymore , one thing I don’t understand is why on earth is Dan peace moving up to TrialGP? He’s been average at best this year I think it’s suicide he will probably come near last in every round ,get fed up and quit like many before him, I hope I’m wrong though 

I may have misunderstood what you said in bold?  But Marcelli didn't ride for the factory team last year, he rode for the Spanish Federation team.His new team,  RG Trials is the official factory support team of Honda Montesa. He's closer to riding on a factory team now....

14 hours ago, faussy said:

Does anyone know what class Arnau is riding? If it's trial2 then there's another rider thrown into the mix. It may be more entertaining than trialgp next year

Arnau riding Trial GP class in 2019
Whether he gets to Japan is another thing.. Noguera didn't go this year due to costs.

Now Jotagas have another expense and 2 top 10(ish) riders will they go?

4 hours ago, nickday1 said:

Arnau riding Trial GP class in 2019
Whether he gets to Japan is another thing.. Noguera didn't go this year due to costs.

Now Jotagas have another expense and 2 top 10(ish) riders will they go?

Ah right ok, I thought he may have dropped back down since he's been away for so long