Youth Trials

alan bechard

Looking for what folks have done, or seen done, or thought about doing to improve the Youth Trials movement.

Here are some random and jumbled thoughts that I have had.

Youth Event Thoughts

Just wanted to take a moment and write down some of my thoughts and observations about Youth Trials events.

Consistency is the biggest thing I can suggest. If people automatically know that there will be a Youth Event at every trials, your

Thats some good reading there Alan, and some good ideas.

One that I have thought of about the riders getting 'lost' when moving on in the sections, why no have a section map.

Simply a laminated picture of an arrow, or a piece of map and use some cable ties to attach it to a tree, this way they wont (hopeful wont) wonder off.

Also, when making the sections, all riders have different abilitys, weaknesses, etc.

When the riders check in in the morning, give them a short questionnaire, asking questions such as their age, and favourite things in the sections, get the results in and blend them all in to create the sections suited to everyone.

HRC2002

I also agree with the thropie/award thing you mentioned.

I know just about every other sport were I live gives awards out for football, cricket, rugby, school achivements and alsorts.

However in trials this is a limited thing. They need to realise that they ARE going well in something that they do. They need something to say that good at their hobbie, and something to show their mates.

It doesn't really have to be a trophy, maybe a certificate of achivement.

Were limited on riders now, we need to keep them interested in trials, and they must know that they are good at it, otherwise they will give up and move on.

You have some good ideas there Mr.B