1974-TY250-A...rear suspension

Robert Lagana

I'm new to this site, so if I'm posting in the wrong area...sorry, please advise.  My issue is, I'm re-building an old TY-250, 1974, awaiting a new electronic ignition, new throttle cable that replaces the forked one that controlled the oil injector, and a plate to block the old port for the worm gear that drives the oil injector.   While I'm waiting, I'm trying to identify the rear shocks that came with the bike.  They are definably after market shocks, red in color and have an air stem at the bottom. I have seen these shocks on other vintage bikes.  My question is:  What is the manufacturer name? Can the shocks be rebuilt?  What is the recommended pressure for a 200 lb rider?  Lots of questions, but I want to set the bike up correctly.

Edited by Robert Lagana

Would appreciate any advice on a replacement shock for a 1974, TY250-A....one that I didn't have to mortgage my house and sell my kids into servitude, and where the best place to purchase it would be.  I live in the US.   Is the most important detail the "eye-to-eye" measurement? or something else.