Montesa 2005 need battery tO reset

Diaz

Hi all,

i’m new for Montesa. But i having problem with my montesa. I did open full my throtol and kick 3 time And close the throtol kick one time and engine running. After the engine hot and colling fan running i try tO open the throtol tO max and engine going up but has some cough then continue up after that. If i connect 12v battery and i did 3x kick and i open the throtol tO max the engine doesn have problem.. can any body help me out?

As a former owner of a 4Rt 2005 I remember that idle must be set fairly high (uncomfortable?) otherwise engine will be very difficult to start. I think it was 1800 rpm. Also think idle adjustment screw should be turned anticlockwise to increase the idle speed. A long slow kick was needed with no throttle?. I would first try to increase idle speed and get a good starting technique. When engine is hot 3-4 kicks sometimes is needed.

5 hours ago, carl ekblom said:

As a former owner of a 4Rt 2005 I remember that idle must be set fairly high (uncomfortable?) otherwise engine will be very difficult to start. I think it was 1800 rpm. Also think idle adjustment screw should be turned anticlockwise to increase the idle speed. A long slow kick was needed with no throttle?. I would first try to increase idle speed and get a good starting technique. When engine is hot 3-4 kicks sometimes is needed.

Hi  Carl, 

the problem was throtol body was tO Far open oN max position so ECU was recieved eror position. Now my bike back tO normal again.

• Like 1