2003 0.8 ST exhaust running against coolant lines

andrep

Hi everyobdy,

recently boughed a Sherco 0.8ST (add said 2008 but since it has 19" and 17" wheels I'm guessing more like 2003!!!)

But the biggest problem I see is that the exhaust runs next to the coolant line, do you think it's been hit or what's wrong... I'm pretty sure it's not supose to be that close!
81523039_307444793504307_888019765161885
81622467_476197309759213_322844468066438

1 hour ago, huski said:

Exhaust pipe is bent,shouldn't be that far in,loosen it at the cylinder and see if it'll come out enough to give a gap and not melt the coolant hoses

Thanks, gonna try it tomorrow, poor thing has see some horrible neglected life so trying to get everything sorted as I go!

17 hours ago, pauls320 said:

Definitely not a 2008 model as they did not have the early generation chrome frame. I concur that the header pipe is bent , also that coolant hose is not the correct  size/shape oem part either . best of luck

Yeah, the frame nr. is * VNBS108TR3009755* so should indicate it really is an 03

But luckily got to bend the pipe and the cleacence is 3-4mm, so not the best but it's not touching anymore! Maybe I'll change out the hose as well.
I was also wondering what the gearing should be, mine is 10 - 42 but in first gear and idle it felt a bit fast but I'm totally new to trials so I really don't know :D

If anybody has a manual for them, I'd be really happy, so far I've only found the parts list PDF but any other informantion is so hard to come by.