Alpina brake light

mick annick

I’ve found a couple of old threads on wiring but they don’t fully address my problem...

I have an Alpina 213 but the brake and tail lights aren’t working. The bike has been retired (badly) at some point and the resistor is now missing, and they are apparently unobtainable, it also has a brake light switch with normally closed contacts.

I’ve had one suggestion which is to fit an LED bulb as they’re more tolerant of fluctuations in voltage, though that would need a normally open brake light switch. I know these are available but I’d like to keep to the original style and position, and am yet to find one suitable.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome this, or a source of the parts needed?

Edited by mick annick

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:23 PM, petorius said:

Just dug it out, it does have a rustic look.

DSC_0626.JPG

If you fit the brake light the original way, remember that is the Green cable that goes to the resistor and the brake filament of the light. 

The green cable comes from the spark coil not the lamps coil, surprisingly, is like if the bike was having 3 coils, this way there is more power available for the electrical system. 

A Diagram to help to understand the connections is of great help. 

Just now, Antonio said:

If you fit the brake light the original way, remember that is the Green cable that goes to the resistor and the brake filament of the light. 

The green cable comes from the spark coil not the lamps coil, surprisingly, is like if the bike was having 3 coils, this way there is more power available for the electrical system. 

A Diagram to help to understand the connections is of great help. 

Esquema eléctrico Bultaco Sherpa T 350.jpg