2002 Sherco 200

radlaty

Hi,

I've just bought a 2002 Sherco 200 and was wondering if anyone could tell me the optimum petrol mix and what the best oil is to use.

Also, what would be the best oil for the gear box and how much should be used?

Just want to make sure I change all this before I ride it for the first time.

Has any one ridden a 200 and got any opinions on them.

Cheers

Radlaty,

I've got a 2002, 200 it suits me fine for riding club trials & pulling my 10 stone (63Kg) around. I find its not all revs like a 125, but has got some bottom end. Mind you it does respond to a good twist of the throttle.

I mix 15cc of oil to a litre of super unleaded which is 66.7:1. I run it on Castrol TTS though have used others in the past & think any good quality 2 stroke oil will be fine.

For the gearbox use a lightweight 10/40 oil; 400cc if you are just draining & refilling. I believe that you need 450cc if you are splitting the cases for any reason. My last fill up was with Silkolene, a choice driven by the shelf of my local bike shop. This oil seems fine, the clutch does drag when its first started from cold if the bike has stood for a while. But show me a trials bike that doesn't. The usual trick of a few revs in a high gear will sort it out.

I assume you've spotted the drain plug just below the gear lever & the filler just above the water pump casing. Bit messy as there's nowhere for the oil to drain out so lay it on its side over an old container - the washing up bowl should see you alright!

Most of all, enjoy it.

Word is that if you want an 06-200 you just have to lean on your local dealer, as if there is enough interest Sherco will build another batch, alternatively you can buy an 06-125 and add the 200 kit, which is a little pricey perhaps, unless you know someone looking for a spare piston/barrel/cyl head for a 125.