Vertigo 200

Betaevo

I had a good demo ride on one earlier this year and I liked it. I have a 250 Vertigo at present. I'm seriously thinking about getting a 200 next year. I'm over 60 and my brain to throttle isn't  what it used to be (it was never that good anyway). With fuel injection on the 250 it pulls cleanly at very low revs in all  the first 4 gears in a section so my thinking is a 200 might just give me a little more grip when I use the throttle like a light switch. Think Vertigo uk might have a 200 demo unit for sale. Let us know how you go.

Thanks for the feedback I think I’ll talk to the dealers and try and get a test ride. I’ve had Beta 300’s, 250’s but find the 200 has enough power for anything on a middle route and more controlled. I’m 56 so never doing expert route. 

On 11/30/2020 at 7:52 PM, Betaevo said:

Thanks for the feedback I think I’ll talk to the dealers and try and get a test ride. I’ve had Beta 300’s, 250’s but find the 200 has enough power for anything on a middle route and more controlled. I’m 56 so never doing expert route. 

On 11/30/2020 at 7:52 PM, Betaevo said:

I have a 2021 200, my son has the 2021 250, if you're down south, Devon, give me a shout, you can come and test ride both bikes, as long as covid rules allow. 

IMG_20201102_135818.jpg

Edited by Rocky

Thanks for the offer. Nice looking bikes. As you have them both what did you find was the advantage of the 200 over the 250.  I find the Beta Evo 200 just easier to ride and grips  than the 250 factory that I have. 

Let's start with a disclaimer - I'm old, grey and a fairly (OK extremely) average rider ...

I have had my 200 for a couple of months now and once a couple of minor tuning issues were sorted by the agent (thanks KP) I have been absolutely delighted. Power is more than adequate for everything I have wanted to do so far and the low end torque is great. Converted to a slow throttle immediately but it still needs a little care to not take too big a handful. Chassis is outstanding with excellent rideability and traction. I'm impressed with the construction and general layout although the packaging is awfully tight ... 

Backstory:  I had an Ossa TR280i from new that I had a love / hate relationship with - loved the suspension and handling, loved the engine on the standard map (just like a big electric motor) with plenty of very controllable power, great importer backup. Hated getting the stupid thing started as it required far more exertion of energy than I generally had available (old and grey as above). I downsized to a '16 Beta 125 and had a bit of a love / hate thing going there too. Easy to start (yay), great handling with steering lock for Africa after the Ossa, traction and hill climbing was inferior but livable Power was great but unforgiving - quite feisty off the bottom end and good top end but ultimately limited torque. The biggest downside was that it it wasn't comfortable with "old style" riding, needed to be in exactly the right gear, required a lot of clutch input in tight going and preferred modern attack / coast.  Back to the old and grey I found that I was needing too many balls in the air at once which was detracting from my scores and enjoyment.

While I doubt any modern trials bike is totally comfortable with  "select a gear and ride the whole section on throttle and brakes only" it comes pretty darn close. I still cover the clutch in really tight turns but none of this clutch as a throttle malarkey ...

YMMV as the american's are wont to say  ?

Richard

50643402543_1477d7eff3_o.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback. Here in the UK from Dec through March traction is all important. The young experts will hop the bike so its straight for the muddy climb, 3rd gear full throttle and dump the clutch. As another old and grey i dont have the talent or energy to do this over a trial, hence traction and smooth pick up off idle are all important. The Beta 200 is good for this but think the fuel injection in theory should be smoother again. The 200 should also have enough power for my level. How many average over 50 riders with a 250/300 have needed to ride wide open throttle on a uk middle route. Ihave once hit the stop on a 250. I‘ll probably get feedback im not trying hard enough lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1