Water Pump Bearing,seal Replacement

nyawton

Hi all, i posted a few weeks back asking advice, on my milky oil problem The milky oil post

Well i checked the water level and indeed some was missing, so i took the water pump shaft,bearings,seals out as recommended

The seals had like a rusty water coating on them, and the bearing feels gritty, so im guna replace these, i wo just guna nip up to my local bearing and seal manufacturer and see if they have these,if not they can make them for aa couple of quid.

Or would you all recomend i purchase the full kit are these special in anyway?

Cheers Danny

Edited by Nyawton

Bearing and seals are readily available from any bearing supplier.you will need 2 seals.If you go on the RYP USA website there is a download of how to do the job step by step.Sometimes the seals fail due to a worn impelor shaft so check this whilst you have it in bits.

I had this problem with my GasGas and just sent the whole lot of to GasGasUK and they replaced everything in their, bearings, seals, impellar. Didn't cost too much either, and was quick turnaround. I am sure MRS would do the same. Not sure how much it is for a Sherco, but at least you know it is all oem parts.

Edited by martinh

I have just finished performing this on my 2000 Sherco 2.9. I replaced the seal and all it did was slow down the leak. I finally had to remove the side-casing and install a new gear and shaft. I tried to use the old gear since it was made out of metal and would last longer, but the new shaft had some notches to prevent the new gear from spinning on the shaft, so I couldn't make the metal gear fit without a lot of machining. I was wondering why they went to the nylon gear.

I rode one event and changed the oil and could not see any cloudiness in the oil, so, I think I can get back to obsessing about why my score is so high...