Majesty Frame Number

wezzo

I have what I believe is a Majesty frame but wondered if anyone could verify the format to confirm what it is. The number is 81 11 01 B. The frame appears to have originally been painted yellow. I am assuming it’s a Godden version. Any help appreciated

Yes looks like Godden numbering

81 = 1981

11 = November

01 B = no idea. Mine has three numbers next (106)

As for knowing if it's a 250/320 Godden frame or not, the Godden frame is very different in design to the Yamaha-based 250/320 Majesty frame

Yamaha frame numbering is very different too. For the Yam framed Majestys, they used D and E model frames with numbering 493 - xxxxxxx

Edited by feetupfun

10 hours ago, feetupfun said:

Yes looks like Godden numbering

81 = 1981

11 = November

01 B = no idea. Mine has three numbers next (106)

As for knowing if it's a 250/320 Godden frame or not, the Godden frame is very different in design to the Yamaha-based 250/320 Majesty frame

Yamaha frame numbering is very different too. For the Yam framed Majestys, they used D and E model frames with numbering 493 - xxxxxxx

Number 1 made in the month of November 1981

B is the frame type - Adult or Mini majesty

B is Mini Majesty and A is Adult Majesty, I think

If the front down tubes (by exhaust) are straight - it's a Mini Majesty frame, if the downtubes are kinked back, 2/3rds of the way down - it's an Adult frame IIRC

• Like 1

Thank you for confirming that the format is as per Majesty. Yes I had kind of guessed that it was probably a Nov '81 bike. The 'B' suggesting it is a mini Majesty adds up as well as the frame rails are straight and its a bugger getting an engine into such a small space. 

4 hours ago, wezzo said:

Thank you for confirming that the format is as per Majesty. Yes I had kind of guessed that it was probably a Nov '81 bike. The 'B' suggesting it is a mini Majesty adds up as well as the frame rails are straight and its a bugger getting an engine into such a small space. 

Straight downtubes = Mini Majesty, together with the B classification