New owner (2016 model) opinion

HOOKYH

I finally found a tidy 2016 EM at sensible money and have had a couple of plays on it now. 

Has to be said that I've barely ever ridden a modern trials bike so can't really compare it to anything newer than a mid 70s Bultaco Sherpa. 

However I have been really impressed so far. The bike is a lot better than me and better than I am ever likely to be at my age. There are 3 settings plus 2 maps which seem to control the throttle response for each, it is very mild on the lowest one with my near 14 stone on it. The middle setting with the fastest response map is my favourite so far. The highest setting makes more torque than any bike I've ever ridden right off the bottom including my flat trackers, unbelievable response and too much for me so far. 

The throttle seems to have a slight delay from fully off, bit like a throttle cable with too much play in it.  Battery life is superb, two of us playing for nearly 2 hours today and it's not showing any lost charge.

Maintenance doesn't get any better, wash it, lube the chain and cover it with acf50 seems to do the job. Battery charging from only a couple of bars from full takes longer than I expected but is no hardship. Plastics and their fastenings aren't great but improved a bit fairly easily. Can't imagine you'd want to do any trials with much distance between sections as it's like being stuck in 3rd on the old Sherpa (slow). 

Very happy with it and already have a local farmer letting me ride a piece of land whenever I want which was the whole idea. 

• Like 3