Power loss

HOOKYH

I have a 2016 EM with the 3 position power switch as well as the handlebar map.

So far I have been really impressed with the bike but the other day it lost a lot of power in the lower two power settings although it seemed OK in the highest setting. This did follow my granddaughter crashing it fairly heavily and burying the throttle. Finished the day out on the high setting. When I looked at it the wheel was rolling on the stand with the throttle closed on the highest setting but not the lower two. I adjusted the throttle to stop that, after taking the throttle to bits to make sure it was all ok and tried the bike very quickly and thought it seemed OK. Unfortunately took the bike out today and it is back to being flat again. It is also making less power than before on the highest setting.

Anybody had a similar problem or an idea what the issue could be? I'm OK on petrol bikes but rubbish at electrics so if it's complicated please remember you're talking to an idiot 🙄

Edited by HOOKYH
wrong choice of word!

Not sure if all EMs use the Megura throttle, but the one I studied did, We had the same throttle on the grandson's Mecatecno T14 and I always kept a spare, as when dropped, especially in water, we had problems at the next event.  Its just a 5k ohm potentiometer.   You can check it with a multimeter by Googling 5k ohm potentiometer test.

• Like 1