91 Alpha/alfer Pics

pedronicman

does any one have any real good pics they could post on here of either or both of the following bikes ridden in 91/92 world championships-

ALPHA ridden by Thierry Girard

OR /AND

ALFER ridden by Lluis Gallach and Josep Arcarons.

from memory i saw an alfer on a trials wtc vid years ago and i am just curious to see what something really different and rare looks like

bring back any memories?? B)

;) I've been searching for an Alpha to buy for about a year now , with no luck so far.

There is zilch on the net about these bikes and from what i recall i dont remember knowing anyone riding one other than the factory riders.

The most famous of their bikes were 2 stroke mono's with front and rear discs. They looked very similar to Fantic's 245 range and had white plastics with purple / green with yellow graphics !!.

Although i've only been able to find one pic of the bike i do have 3 videos with them on. They are available from Duke.

The 86 World round at Peterfield features them .

One of either the 87 English world round and Bilsten 87 World round also features them for a short while.

These bikes are very rare and came along at the same time other weird and wonderful manufacturers were venturing onto the scene such as Merlin , Mecatecno , Garelli monos , JCM ,JJ cobas , Gas Gas Haley , JP Motos.

All of these small manufacturers came onto the scene facing fierce competition from the big factories and produced bikes that were different.

I love em all !! :D

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

They do come up for sale now and again, and not expensive. Most of those who bought got there fingers burnt when Alpha went bust.The most sought after are the Honda engined first model with Stainless Steel frames, some people say only 14 were made and others say 40 odd. Nice bikes but I think the power was all wrong, it was an over bored XL and was lumpy to say the least, but very sought after now........I rode last Sunday and I say one of the first 2 strokes in very good condition. If the air cooled mono class takes of here it might make a comeback but for the moment its like the JCM and others from the same era no one is interested..........maybe I should invest..........