2023 Domino throttle upgrade?

PNWer

I have a 2021 ePure Race and made the switch from Magura to Domino. My old Magura seemed to be developing a bit of a glitchy, dead, just off the totally closed position. In hindsight, the issue would probably have been fixed by doing a controller reset.

With all the said, to answer your questions:

Was it easy to install? If you go aftermarket, you will need to acquire the correct connector, and wire it yourself. Unless, you don't mind chopping off the end of your old throttle, and using it.

Any noticeable difference? The primary difference is that the Magura has a considerable stronger return spring. Seems to make the task of holding a fixed throttle position a bit easier, as the stronger spring is pushing back, providing a bit more resistance.

Interesting side note: The aftermarket Domino comes with a set of grips that are of a larger outer diameter than a traditional trials grip. If you have a larger hand, it makes things a bit more comfortable. That, and the larger diameter makes for a bit smoother throttle input. Sort of like the difference between a black and white throttle tube. The same degree of throttle turn produces less throttle input.

I swapped mine thinking the Magura was failing. Probably wasn't. Is the cost worthwhile, simply for the sake of change? I don't think so. A bit smoother, and more precise but the difference between to two is marginal, from my perspective.

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

Thanks for the quick reply and write up!

I checked to see that my 2022 has, but it is a Domino also. Maybe this is just an update:

image.thumb.png.e9599583945b01cee87b179aa330677b.png

image.thumb.png.84d1d5c955d765e21c182b059cf60811.png

I don't have much to compare (MX racing 20 years ago), but I also thought the throttle resistance is too low...

• 2 weeks later...