Magneto Flywheel

One

Thanks Newbie. The manual I have does not specify direction. I just hate to go the wrong direction and make it tighter and harder to get off. I will look closer at the threads and just be careful.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, One said:

Thanks for the reply, Newbie. I guess that the simple answer would be, whatever direction the flywheel turns when the engine is running, is the direction you turn the nut to loosen it?

No, You need to be sure it is a '72 model which is a MK1 MAR as they are normal r/h thread, From the late 73 models they changed the thread from right hand to left hand. What is the engine number

On 11/6/2022 at 1:13 AM, carl ekblom said:

I guess

The flywheel is to the left turning anti clockwise. Normal is that the nut also should turn anti clockwise to loosen it.

The Ossa flywheel turns clockwise

Edited by woody

This is for Woody if you are listening. I tried to reply to your question about the engine number on the ossa that I need to remove the flywheel on. Could not send a message directly to. I'm not sure if you will see this but the engine number is M-343770.