Tyres

sherco 125

IRC Tires - Just a note:

My friend and myself have been using IRC tires (front and rear)for @2years with no problems - until yesterday - while cleaning the rear IRC tire he (friend)notice the nobs are tearing away from the tire base. This consisted of @ 1/8" to 3/16" tear running along the bottom of the nobs where it connects to the tire base. All together about 1/3 of the nobs were in that condition.

Some background about the tire - the rear tire is @ 10 months old, it was showing @ 30% wear - the tire has seen rocks, logs, water and mud. Up to that point no problem.

Showing some wear as stated above, he flipped the tire to give addition life and even the wear direction. After flipping the tire he only rode log sections he has set up in his yard. I guess a combination of low tire pressure, good grip and rubber fatigue took its toll on the tire.

I'll keep buying the tires because its a good valve for the money and I'll not riding competition at a level where it would make a big impact.

Just a little insight.

Edited by ihop