493 TY 250 question

LaVern

Hi All,

I am back with another question regarding the 1977 TY250 493 I am working on. I am in the process of replacing the crank seals and, I got the left hand side out with no problems, but the right hand side, the clutch side, is giving me problems. I got the crankshaft gear removed with no problems. I have to remove the clutch basket to get to the seal retainer. And I got the clutch plates removed, but I am not sure which hand thread it is on the clutch basket nut. Looking at the few threads that are exposed it looks like a left hand thread, which makes sense since the crank shaft nut was a right hand thread and these turn in the opposite direction. I have an Dewalt 18V 1/2" impact and it will not budge it either way. I also have a pneumatic 1/2" impact but before I put that to it, I want to be sure of the thread direction, left or right hand. I have a tool to secure the inner basket, I just don't know for sure the proper direction to remove the nut. I have a Shop Service manual but I find no indication in there as to the direction. Thanks for any help and info you can give me. 

LaVern