Honda TL125 electronic ignition conversion.

stpauls

Honda TL 125

Q1.  Has anyone replaced the points ignition on a Honda TL125 to an electronic ignition system?

Q2.  Has anyone used a Pitbike ignition to convert points ignition to an electronic ignition system on any other make or model?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not meaning to hijack this post…I have similar interest in a TL125 conversion kit. FWIW, I recently emailed electrex world in the UK who sold me an electronic ignition conversion kit for a ‘72 XL250, but they replied that they do not sell a conversion kit for the TL125. 

Edited by Travisb
Clarity

Thank you stpauls for this post. I did not see the TL125 listed so will inquire directly with the supplier. Perhaps there is more commonality between TL125 and XL/CB125 than I know, at least in the ignition systems.

Edited by Travisb
Typo

Reply from Charlie’s Place to TL125 compatibility of 3.6 Ignition Conversion kit (listed for CB/XL125) to TL125 inquiry…

The system only works with a battery. If you wanted to run one at total loss just dedicated to the ignition system you could do it that way. But it wont work with the stock system which has no battery.”

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, jackyma09 said:

1. When converting from points to electronic ignition, you’ve got two options. You can either convert your existing distributor or you can install a new distributor.

2. You can convert from points to electronic ignition by removing the old points components from inside your distributor and replacing them with new ones.

Ignition Distributor 🤔  does not exist unless you have multiple cylinders, single cylinder engine has a single ignition pickup coil to replace the single breaker points (aka trigger coil)