How good is the Sherco 125 2014

rick1962uk

as title im after a 125 so me (61) and my 12 year old grandson can both use it at trials im just a clubman he has just started to ride question is will this be a good bike power/grip and how reliable are they or should i save a bit more for a gasgas or beta

many thanks rick

Nothing against sherco 125s but those years of shercos with the inverted tank/air filter and fuel pump were never a great hit. Across all the capacity range. They went back to conventional setup in 2016 the same as the scorpa and were a good bike again

Edited by faussy

Two main issues with the rear tanker Shercos.

1.  The steering stop chops through/dents/collapses the frame down-tubes - look and you will certainly find!  This seriously weakens the strength of the tube and the frame.   (Some people had new frames from Sherco, but I guess it still happened again).

2.  The tank plumbing is overly complicated.  The 2 feet of plastic tubing WILL perish/crack/become porous, resulting in all kinds of weird and wonderful issues, until it is completely replaced with new plastic tubing - perhaps every couple of years.  Cheap enough if DIY.

Other than this they are good bikes! 

Edited by stpauls