Worldsbk Trials Riders

martinm

Interesting how many of this years Superbike grid have either started out riding trials or still ride a trials bike.

James Toseland, rode schoolboy trials in the East Midlands, Chris Walker former motocrosser and last I heard rides a Beta, Craig Jones got a Montesa for Christmas and former WSBK rider Garry McCoy has a couple of 4RT's

Biggest trials nut out there is my old mate Steve Martin who has a Sherco 4T, Beta Rev3, 125 & 350 Bultaco Sherpas and....understandably an SWM :blink:

Keep an eye out for him this weekend at Phillip Island, bet he wont put his foot down once!

Martin

post-509-1141421934.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from Schwantz's web site from Mick Andrews

"I think though that there is no doubt that trials riding is real important in road racing. The thing is that it teaches you to get the most out of the package that you've got whether it's right or wrong. You can do a lot to get the best traction, to compensate if things aren't right."

And on this page you can see him with Mick Andrews... http://www.kevinschwantz.com/html/static.p...aybackwhen4.htm

Wow, I never knew Schwantz had a web site. He is one of my all time favourite riders.

Thanks for linking to that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so's ya know.

A couple of weeks after the SBK round at Phillip Island Steve Martin turned up on his Beta at a trial and won "B" grade. It was somewhere around 40 deg C and he did 5 laps when the rest (B grade)did 4! Mind you in leu of the big flash transporter for SBK he was seen sitting in the Vovo (sorry can't say Volvo) with the air cond up full blast after lap 3 or 4.

Me....... I had cramps, arm pump and despite that a really good time but didn't last the distance even in C grade. I guess that means I can forget World SBK then :beer: . Can't wait 'til Steve gets a Scorpa :) or at least a faster SBK :beer:

Mind you in leu of the big flash transporter for SBK he was seen sitting in the Vovo (sorry can't say Volvo) with the air cond up full blast after lap 3 or 4.

I've been in his SBK motorhome......it aint big or flash :beer:

Managed to wind up Steve about the trial.....he did figure out where I got the info though Bruce !!!!!!! :beer:

Cheers

Martin

I've been in his SBK motorhome......it aint big or flash  ;)

Managed to wind up Steve about the trial.....he did figure out where I got the info though Bruce !!!!!!!  :thumbup:

Cheers

Martin

;) Bruce.....I don't know anyone by that name...... must be someone else that rides a Scorpa :D

• 2 weeks later...